FN4M, along with Faith Youth Manchester, bring the different faith communities across the area together:
a) To ensure that faith communities are an effective stakeholder and participant in the Greater Manchester area
b) That the voice of faith communities is heard at all stages of local decision-making and strategic planning
c) That the ethical and environmental dimensions are always considered at all levels of local decision-making and strategic planning
d) To provide a forum for members of different faith communities to meet together to consider the issues raised in local decision-making and strategic planning.
e) For respect, understanding and co-operation to be realised between people from different faith communities.
f) To ensure that faith groups are supported in the delivery of community and social activity.
Our main activities are:
• Inter-faith events, enabling the different faith communities in and around Manchester to meet together, share knowledge, ideas and practice and gain understanding and respect;
• Representation to local government ensuring a faith perspective in decision-making and the best possible delivery of services for all residents in Manchester;
• Support for members of the network in developing their capacity to deliver their objectives;
• Development of Changemakers – a new forum for broad-based organising to influence decision-makers locally and give a voice to all sectors of society, particularly those that are marginalised;
• Inter-faith youth activities through the development of our youth branch – Faith Youth Manchester;
• Production of a termly newsletter to publicise inter-faith activity and promote good practice;
• Input to local media, including press, radio and television, giving a faith perspective on local issues;
• Organising seminars on issues of relevance to faith communities.